MSRS will conduct an election to fill three positions on the Board of Directors. The election will be held in February 2022. The following positions are up for election:
- General Retirement Plan and Unclassified Retirement Plan - 2 positions
- State Patrol Retirement Plan - 1 position
Interested candidates must apply by Friday, October 1, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. CT.
Questions about the election should be directed to MSRS at 1-800-657-5757 or MSRSelections@msrs.us
Forms to complete - THE DEADLINE TO APPLY WAS OCT 1, 2021. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
If interested in running for an open position, you must submit these two forms to MSRS by Friday, October 1, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. CT.
- Biographical Sketch. Complete and submit this form online or by paper.
- Nominating Petition. Obtain signatures of 10 current, active members of your retirement plan.
Important! The MSRS Board of Directors has agreed to allow electronic signatures for the 2022 election. This exception is due to the difficulty potential candidates may experience when trying to obtain original signatures from employees who work remotely. Email MSRSelections@msrs.us to request the e-signature version of the Nominating Petition and instructions. MSRS does not provide the tool needed for e-signature.
Obtain candidate packet - THE DEADLINE TO APPLY WAS OCT 1, 2021. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
The candidate packet includes election information, timeline and the forms to complete. There are several ways to obtain the packet.
Online: Download and complete the required forms.
MSRSelections@msrs.us. Be sure to specify what position you plan to run for.
By phone: Call the MSRS Service Center at 1-800-657-5757 or 1-800-657-5757
- Fri, Oct 1, 2021: Deadline to apply to be a candidate.
- Fri, Oct 15, 2021: Last day to withdrawal name as a candidate
- Sat, Feb 5, 2022: Ballots mailed to eligible voters. Voting begins (either online or by paper ballot).
- Tue March 1, 2022: Deadline to vote.
- Thu, March 17, 2022: Votes counted. New Board members announced on this website after that date.
- Mon, May 2, 2022: New Board member 4-year term begins.
- Board members are responsible for the overall governance of MSRS. Members do not select investments or determine plan asset allocation. These duties are the responsibility of the Minnesota State Board of Investment.
- Board meetings are generally scheduled the third Thursday of odd-numbered months. Meetings are usually three to four hours long, but may be extended a few times each year to provide training and education to board members.
- Members do not receive compensation for their service, but may be eligible for reimbursement of expenses incurred while serving on the board for MSRS related business.
- See MSRS Board of Directors for list of current Board members and information about meetings.