Notify MSRS of your marital status and spouse's name so we can update our records.

If marriage results in a name change for you, please see Change Name.


During a marriage dissolution proceeding, the court may determine that the assets accrued in the MSRS pension plan, Unclassified Retirement Plan, Minnesota Deferred Compensation Plan (MNDCP), or the Health Care Savings Plan (HCSP) must be divided between the two parties of the divorce.

A certified copy of the court order must be submitted to MSRS.

For more information on how divorce may affect your pension, MNDCP, or HCSP, please contact MSRS. Forms and additional information is available at Forms & Documents - Divorce.