Change name

You must notify MSRS of any legal name changes. To do that:

  1. Complete a Personal Information Change Request (pdf).

  2. Provide documentation of the legal name change.
    Documentation can be a copy of a marriage certificate; a certified copy of the divorce decree; or if unrelated to marriage or divorce, a court approval of the legal name change.

  3. Mail or fax (651-297-5238) the form and documentation to MSRS. We will update your account and send you written confirmation of the change.


Change address

To ensure timely delivery of payments or communications from MSRS (including statements and newsletters) please notify us when you have an address change.

Three ways to update your address:

  • Online. Login to your account online.

    • If pension, select My Profile
    • All other plans, select Go to Savings Plans
  • By phone. Call the MSRS Service Center at 651-296-2761 or 800-657-5757, option 3. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 

  • In writing. Complete the Personal Information Change Request (pdf), then mail or fax (651-297-5238) to MSRS.