Any employer that makes retirement contributions and takes retirement deductions on behalf of public employees and retirees and forwards those funds to a Minnesota public pension plan listed below can participate in the HCSP:

  • Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS)

  • Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA)

  • Teachers Retirement Association (TRA)

  • Individual Retirement Account Plan (IRAP)

  • Minnesota State (formerly MNSCU)

  • University of Minnesota Faculty Retirement Plan

  • Police or Firefighters Relief Association

  • St Paul Teachers' Retirement Fund (SPTRFA)

  • Volunteer Firefighters Relief Association

  • Retirement Plans for the Arts Board and Humanities Commission

Employers who do not participate in one of the pension funds listed above but are political subdivisions (transit authorities, post authorities, public housing authorities, etc.) can participate in the HCSP.