Tax Statements Mailed by January 31
- MSRS Pension Plans: MSRS will mail you a Form 1099-R to report payments you received from your pension plan. The statement will be available online.
- Defined Contribution Plans - MNDCP, HCSP (beneficiary), Unclassified Retirement Plan, Hennepin County 1% Supplemental Plan:
- Great-West Retirement Services will report distributions.
- MNDCP participants and HCSP beneficiaries will receive a Form 1099.
- Hennepin County 1% Supplemental Plan participants will receive a W-2 (not a 1099).
- Statements are not available online.
- Duplicate statements available: If you have not received your tax documents by February 10, please contact MSRS to request a duplicate statement.
- Public Safety Premium Withholding. Premiums withheld from your pension or MNDCP are not reported on a 1099-R. You will receive a separate letter indicating the premium amount withheld during 2016. If you have not received this letter by February 10, please contact MSRS at 651-296-2761 or 1-800-657-5757.
- Health Care Savings Plan (HCSP). Contributions and reimbursements are not reportable on state or federal income tax returns. Exception: Reimbursements to a non-spousal or non-dependent beneficiary who inherited the account upon the death of a participant are taxed as ordinary income. A 1099-MISC is issued to the beneficiary by our recordkeeper, Great-West Retirement Services.
Learn About Your Pension Plan
As a Minnesota public employee, you are already contributing to your financial future! Watch our video to learn more.